Abstract Shadow Designs
What You’ll Need:
- Coloring material of your choice: markers or paint!
- Crayons (optional) to do watercolor techniques
- Your best shadow finding eyeballs!
Creating Your Design: Let in The Sunshine!
- Search around your house, your garden, your sidewalk
- Look for areas where the sun is shining down and casting the shadows of various objects in interesting ways on the sidewalk or your floor: maybe you see shapes or lines or cool blobs!
- Take your paper and place it down right on those shadows and TRACE them.
- When you remove your paper: what do you see?
- The shadows you’ve traced have created abstract shapes or maybe even some recognizable shapes
- Let’s add COLOR: choose markers, crayons, paint, WHATEVER YA GOT! Color in your shadow design.
Extra Challenge: can you find shadows that look like letter(s) in your name?