Art at Home: Bubble Printing
What you’ll need:
- Dish Soap
- Color-adding medium: food coloring (careful of stains) or watercolor is best
- Multiple pieces of paper
- Small/medium sized bowl or tupperware container
- Spoon/other mixing tool
Create Your Colorful Soap Mix:
- Pour water into your bowl: about ½ cup
- Squeeze in dime size amount of dish soap
- Add color medium: about 1 tablespoon (you may need more: your mixture should be dark in color!)
- Swirl your mix together so you start to see some bubbles forming!
→ ADD MORE FUN: create more than one bubble mixture using a different color of paint in each bowl!
Create Bubble Prints:
- Place your straw into your bubble mixture bowl and slowly blow OUTward.
- Watch bubbles form: let them grow out of your bowl.
- Once bubbles are overflowing (but not pouring down the sides of your bowl), place your paper on top.
- Bubbles will POP onto your paper and create bubble shaped images on your paper!
- Have you mixed multiple bubble colors? Overlap your colors as you go!