Art at Home: Build a Buddy -Robots using Recycled Items!
Artist: Mike Rivamonte, “Roosevelt”
Rivamonte uses antiques and “rare objects” to create many of his amazing sculptures.
What you’ll need:
- Recyclables: cans, boxes, jugs, anything you’ve got!
- Cardboard boxes (small or large)
- Paper towel tubes
- Toilet Paper tubes
- Tape (lots of pieces!!): masking tape is ideal but duct tape and scotch tape can work!
- Drawing materials
For Creating Your Robotic Bud:
*Just a thought: give those cans and other metal objects a nice soak so they are clean and ready to use as art materials!
- Start with the body: look for larger recyclables that can make the head and torso
- Attach them together using tape pieces: make sure these parts feel sturdy as they will be supporting the other parts!
- Use paper towel and/or toilet paper rolls to create arms, legs, antennae!
- Bottle caps can be buttons or eyes
- Will you draw on details to create your Robot Buddy’s face?
- Can you make it tall enough and sturdy enough to stand? Will your robot be LIFE-SIZED?!