Art at Home: Toothpick Geodomes
Ages 4+ (A great team activity that can be fun for all ages!)
What you’ll need:
- Toothpicks (tons!)
- Marshmallows or any gumdrop type of candy
Create Your 3D Geodome:
- Which 3D shape will you create? A classic geodome or maybe a cube? A pyramid?
- Start by arranging your base shape so that it is flat against your work surface: keep your shape by sticking toothpicks into your marshmallows or gumdrop candies
- Once your base is created, continue to stick toothpicks into the candies so they stick right up and out
- Add candy pieces as you go to help toothpicks stay together and to keep your structure secure!
- How tall can you make your structure? How many panels will it have?
EXTRA STEPS/Family Prompts:
- Can you create a mini model of a piece of furniture that you have in your house using this technique?
- Do a TALL challenge with your family: who can create the tallest 3D structure?
- Will you create a home for your toy figurines?
- Can you place an object on TOP of your structure without it breaking: especially if you chose to make a dome?