Art Project at Home: Coffee or Tea Dyed Paper Collage!
Let out your inner artist with materials you can find right in your home!
What you’ll need:
- strong coffee or tea
- paper towels, qtips, cotton balls
- drawing tools – pencils, pens, markers, crayons
- glue or tape
- old magazines or flyers, optional
For Dyed Background Paper:
1. Prepare an overly strong pot of coffee (nice and dark!), or a super strong pot of tea (any kind of black or berry tea – great colors!).
2. Let cool.
3. Artists can use paper towels, qtips and cotton balls to explore adding color to papers with the DIY coffee/tea dye. There is no wrong way to do it! Just dip and dot, drag or draw!
4. Set paper aside to dry.
For Characters + Details:
1. On small pieces of paper, artists can use pencils, pens or markers to draw characters and other environment inhabitants like rocks and lizards!
2. Once finished, artists can use scissors to cut them out.
Put it all together:
1. Get your DIY dyed paper back in front of you – it should be mostly dry!
2. Arrange characters and environment elements on one of your DIY dyed papers, and secure them with glue or tape!
3. Add additional drawn details with any drawing tools you have – pencils, pens, markers, and crayons!
Have any old magazines or flyers hangin’ around? Artists can look through them and find any fun details they want to cut out and add to their artwork!