Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk Paint!
- Food Coloring
- Cupcake tray or other small containers
Make The Paint:
- In a bowl, mix your cornstarch and water in a 1:1 ratio (having at least 1 cup of this mixture will allow for you to create many colors!)
- Pour your mixture into a container of your choosing: a cupcake tray is a great option since you can evenly pour your mixture right into the separate compartments (Teacher Teal used an ice cube tray!)
- Add in food coloring to create your color palette
Helpful Hint: Remember that red, blue, and yellow are primary colors. If you mix red + yellow you will get orange. Yellow + blue = green. Red + blue = Purple
- Have a blast mixing up your own special colors : stir it up well so the cornstarch and color is evenly distributed within the mixture!
- This paint is ready to use RIGHT AWAY so head outside and color the world!
NOTE: As your paint dries, the color will brighten!