Silky Smooth DIY Play Dough
- 2 cups of corn starch (or flour, but cornstarch is ideal)
- 1 cup lotion: any kind you and your family love!
- Big bowl
- Measuring cups
- Food Coloring
Mix It Up
- Pour cornstarch into your bowl
- Pour lotion and mix, mix, mix it up with your hands (you can use a spoon or spatula for any artists that don’t like the feel of the mixture in this state!)
- Your mixture may be either too dry or to lotiony: no problem. Have extra cornstarch and lotion on hand to add in as needed
- You want this to be soft and smushy yet able to hold a shape!
- Sprinkle in some glitter and/or a couple drops of food coloring to really jazz up your dough
- What will you create with your dough? Can you mix colors together to create new colors?
- Check out how Teacher Teal created a whole scene with her dough!