Tin Foil Printing
- Sheets of tin foil: about 6”x 6” (size can be adjusted!!)
- Damp paper towels or rags
Fact: Monoprinting is a type of printmaking where the artist creates a plate that will be printed and create a one of a kind print: no repeats!
- Tape your tinfoil down to secure it. This is your printing plate.
- Using markers, draw right onto your tin foil: the marker may not show up perfectly. That is okay and it’s all part of the process!
- Take your damp paper towel and gently wet your piece of paper so that the paper is damp but not dripping wet
Helpful Hint: have water nearby so you can re-wet your paper towel or rag as needed
- Press your paper onto your tin foil plate and gently rub it down
- Lift paper up: voila! You have created a monoprint!!!
To repeat this process and make multiple prints, wipe down your tin foil plate and draw again!